A couple of moons ago I experienced (huh -I wish it would happen less often) an overwhelming urge for something sweet. It’s like someone kicked me in the butt. Instinctively, I opened up swiftly all cabinets in the kitchen to find that golden “nugget” of temporaily bliss.
Naturally, I found absolutely nothing to quench my cravings which turned out to be a blessing because it forced me to use my brain cells (common wisdom goes: “When starting out, don’t worry about not having enough money (or flour for that matter, huh). Limited funds are a blessing, not a curse. Nothing encourages creative thinking in quite the same way“).
I had bananas, oat meal, eggs, coconut butter, home-made nut butter, protein powder and some dark chocolate leftovers but no flour (I crave gluten -so this receipt works now for GF folks, too).
I quickly thought of a very easy peasy way to bake this thingy. Prep time was less than 10 minutes (great!!). Baking time is round 30mins @ 350 watts..no actually Fahrenheit.
Optionally, if you need extra protein one can add extra nut butter and egg whites (this won’t work for vegan of course…so I have baked it once without eggs and it turned out beautifully).
- 3x rip Bananas (the once with the black dots)
- 2x eggs
- 30 g chocolate or vanilla protein powder
- 2 1/2 cups old fashion oats
- 1x tsp (be generous)of coconut butter (rich in MCT…)
- 2-3 tsp nut butter (walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts or PB)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp backingpowder
- 20g (or more if wish) dark organic dark chocolate (75% +)
- 1 tsp organic vanilla (I used Madagascar vanilla -I had it flown in the other day:)
- you could add some cinnamon, too.
Give it a try, have fun with it and let me know whachya thinkn… ENJOY!!