- Low-zinc diet
1. Peak O2 uptake down —> decreased muscle strength
2. O2 output down
3.Respiratory exchange ratio down—> endurance decrease
- Omega 3
1. Motivation and drive to succeed is higher in athletes with omega-3 fats–> Less depressed.
2. Improved performance due to upgrading blood flows to muscles.
3. Reduces muscle inflammation.
1.Improved connective-tissue repair.
- Vitamin B6
1.Promotes red-blood cells formation; it regulates the excretion of water; energy production & resistance to stress. (How?) by making iron more available –> more iron –> more haemoglobin and more O2 available for the working muscles + makes CHO (Carbohydrates) more burnable for mitochondria (power cells in your muscles).
- The principal nutrients involved in making red blood cells are
b) folic acid
c) Vitamin B6 and B12 and C